Monday, June 11, 2007

Football Sunday

The boys won their full-contact football games and the girls won their flag football game last Sunday.

There are 3 age divisions for the boys. The youngest age division game was cancelled for reasons unknown to me.

While taking pictures near the sidelines during one of the boys games, I was approached by a football league official that I needed to go back and sit in the stands with the fans. I was not happy about that because I wasn't in the way and my zoom on my digitial camera isn't that good.

I could have argued about it but instead I followed my wife's advice that it's better to make friends than to make enemies. I have learned that the hard way.

Then the concerned man commented that my Spanish is really good. I get that all the time. Many people are dumbstruck that there are foreigners who can speak Spanish.

The fans were more vocal than their American counterparts. Many of their parents were acting like cheerleaders in the stands. One man was playing his horn and one woman brought a bull horn. They cheered so loud and so often it was almost impossible to explain to Brenda, who is new to American football, what was going on in the game.

No comments: