Friday, March 2, 2007

Update

A brief update on what has been going on. More details and pictures later.

Jan 13 - Jan 31: I caught up with friends and family in Texas and Nebraska

Feb 1: I started helping Melchor and his 2 assistants with construction at Pan de Vida working all day

Feb 5: a Canadian team of 25 came to help lay cement and brick for the new wing of the school. Some also did car repairs. They worked for 2 weeks.

Feb 9: I got sick with a throat infection.

Feb 19: I regained my health to go back to work on construction.

Another Canadian team arrived to helped lay brick for the patio for the girl's dormitory and finishing laying cement for the sidewalk of the school. They also did electrical and plumming work. They worked for a week.

Feb 27: A rock and cement barrier got started being built on one side of the parking lot to prevent the dirt under the asphalt from eroding away due to rain.

I am doing construction work in the afternoon so I can the have the morning free to observe the English as a second language classes and work on Pan de Vida's website.

No comments: